Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture
CYSA Inc. is jointly sponsored by Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and the Canadian 4-H Council.
The public speaking competition is held at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair in Toronto every
CYSA assists with the expenses for accommodations for up to three competitors per province. The
Grand Champion public speaker from the competition at the Quebec 4-H Provincial Rally has travel
expenses sponsored in part by Quebec 4-H.
To learn more about Canadian Young Speakers for Agriculture and view the list of topics for this year’s
competition visit www.cysa-joca.ca .
In 2015, Ben Hooker (Howick 4-H) participated in the CYSA competition.
Ben Hooker placed with the Top-6 finalists. He spoke on the role Canadian governments can play in improving the lives of young farmers and had the opportunity to hear the Governor General of Canada address the competitors
Coming up next…
Applications are accepted until September 30th, and must be accompanied by the entry fee of:
- $20.00 for the Junior Competition; or
- $40.00 for the Senior Competition.
The 2016 competition will be held Saturday, November 5.
CYSA 2016 topics
- What is the impact of public opinion on Canadian farmers?
- How would you explain a GMO to a non-farmer?
- What does the next generation of agriculture bring to the table?
- How can we improve the media’s perception of Canadian agriculture?
- Old MacDonald had a farm … But what about Mrs. MacDonald?